Eastern Theological Seminary – Catalog 2015-2018
EASTERN THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
OFFERS THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS OF STUDY
GENERAL EDUCATION STUDIES
General Education Studies provides a basic genre relative to life-long skills and personal development including the appropriate use of oral and written English, and overview of historical and current events, a basic knowledge of mathematical applications, and basic knowledge of computer usage, an appreciation for cultural values and diversity, and a comprehensive understanding of human development, social institutions and the impact of society, Eastern Theological Seminary has developed a core of classes, seminars and internships that will provide its students with a holistic approach to knowledge which will give students academic, cultural and personal resources to enhance a more skillful and effective Christian ministry.
- To communicate effectively in speech and writing, demonstrating skills such as creative expression, exposition and argumentation.
- To think critically, logically and constructively as the student interprets and evaluates experiences, literature, language and ideas.
- To be able to utilize the computer to facilitate day-to-day operations, communications and expanded research.
- To cultivate knowledge of other cultures and an appreciation of diversity
- To be exposed to a variety of cultural experiences and sensitivities while enhancing creativity.
- To provide an understanding of other institutions, agencies and organizations as they impact society.
ELECTIVES FOR THE BACHELOR OF THEOLOGY DEGREE
|AL||200||Church Business Management I||3|
|AL||201||Church Business management II||3|
|AL||350||Systems Approach of Ministers||3|
|CH||301||Church History I||3|
|CH||302||Church History II||3|
|CH||310||History of Christianity in the U.S.||3|
|CH||312||African-American Religious Experience||3|
|CH||320||History of Baptists||3|
|CH||321||Baptist Doctrine, Polity, and Practice||3|
|RE||304||Church Music Seminary||3|
|RE||329||Methods of Teaching in the Church||3|
|RE||335||Teaching Young Adults||3|
|RE||337||Teaching of the Bible With Children||3|
|RE||338||Teaching in the Sunday School||3|
|RE||339||Ministry With Single Adults||3|