Eastern Theological Seminary – Catalog 2015-2018
Application for Admission to Eastern Theological Seminary (ETS) will be considered without regard to race, gender, religious affiliation, color, national or ethnic origin. The Seminary seeks students who are committed to Christ and whose lives demonstrate consistence with the teaching of Scripture. It is expected that such students will be emotionally suited for Christian service and intellectually capable of rigorous academic discipline. The prospective student is assessed according to his/her academic background and personal testimony for the Lord Jesus Christ.
Consideration for admission must be made using official application forms furnished by the ETS Office and Admissions. Upon receipt of the required information, documents and fees, the applicant will be notified of the decision made by the Admissions Committee. Students who are admitted are expected to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Seminary and to adhere to the “Standards of Conduct.”
- Rolling Admissions: no deadline
- Early Decision deadline: November 10
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. After an application is complete, a decision can often be made within two to three weeks.
Applicants must submit the following materials for the application to be complete:
- Application for Admissions
- Official High School Transcript or GED
- Official College or University Transcript
- Essay and Letter(s) of Recommendation
Acceptance to any Certificate or Degree program at Eastern will be granted only after an evaluation of the application for admission, reference forms, and all official transcripts have been received. The application must also be signed indicating that he/she will adhere to the Standards of Conduct as long as he/she is a student at Eastern Theological Seminary.
Circumstances that require reapplication:
- If the student does not provide all of the required information and documentation for admissions within a year
- If a student is accepted and does not complete at least one course within the year